Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Search for the "Perfect" Concealer

In my opinion, concealer is one of the most important products in any makeup collection.  We all have a few blemishes, birth marks or acne scars that could use a little help, but finding that "help" is easier said than done.  There are an overwhelming amount of products on the market, each with more outrageous claims than the next.      

 Over the years, I've tried a variety of concealers: L'Oreal True Match, Maybelline Superstay, Maybelline Fit Me, Elf Concealer and so on.  And while none of these turned out to be a particularly horrible product, I wasn't overly impressed by any of them.  I've been searching for a concealer able to tackle my rosacea.  It seemed no matter which concealer or foundation I tried, and no matter how much I put on, my rosacea always managed to show through.  And just to be clear, it's not the "cute" rosacea that gives you those great rosy pink cheeks, it's a variety of different shades of splotchy pink all over my cheeks which can change shades constantly.
After years of unsuccessful searching, I have finally found my solution: Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer.  This concealer completely covers my rosacea while using only a minimal amount of product.  While the consistency is very thick, it easily blends out and provides maximum coverage.  A small amount will go far.  When I first used this product, I was shocked.  After covering my rosacea, my skin tone was almost completely evened out!  I could even skip foundation if I wanted to.  All I need is a bit of power on top, and I'm ready to go!  And what is the price for this amazing product?  Only $6 at your local Walmart.  I don't know if there's any such thing as the "perfect" concealer, but this comes pretty close.

Check it out!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hard-Candy-Glam-Concealer-Light-312/15599851

No comments:

Post a Comment