Sunday, January 20, 2013

Is it still Lotion if it's a Liquid?


No matter what type of skin you have: normal/dry, combo/oily (or anything in between) a good moisturizer should be a staple of your beauty routine.  That's why I was excited to try the Elf Lotion Wipes.  (These were an item I received for free in an Elf Mystery Bag a few months ago.)  When I first saw the packaging of this product, it immediately reminded me of the Elf Studio Makeup Remover Cleansing Clothes (a product I absolutely love), so I assumed the two products would be pretty similar.  


Unfortunately, I was totally disappointed with this item.  The cloths were drenched with a liquidy type of lotion.  It turned out to be nothing more than a huge mess.  I was actually able to squeeze lotion out of this cloth with little effort.  Once I wiped the cloth all over my face, my skin was soaking wet and I ended up having to massage the "lotion" into my face after using the cloth and wipe my hands off afterwards.  

It seemed to take FOREVER to use up these wipes.  I was relieved when I finally got to the bottom of this package.  Another thing to keep in mind with this item: the Lotion Wipes are the same price as the Makeup Remover Cloths ($3), but the Removers come with 20 wipes, while the Lotion Wipes only include 15 wipes.  I understand $3 isn't much money, but considering the great value Elf has on other items, this seems like a bit of a rip off.  I would suggest avoiding these at all cost.    

Please comment or share this blog if you enjoyed it!  I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment